Transpersonal Psychology assists you particularly in times of:
- Grief and loss
- Crisis / Coming to terms with difficult or destabilizing events, trauma, or circumstances
- Post-traumatic growth, feeling lost, releasing old patterns
- Managing your sensitivity for better self-care
- Adjustment issues arising in pregnancy and post-natally.
- Undergoing painful life transitions or life experiences
- Challenges with self-esteem, self-acceptance
- Self-sabotaging behaviour
- Symptoms of anxiety, depression, stress, or mood difficulties
- Relationship difficulties
- Parenting challenges
- Workplace concerns that impact mental health
This transpersonal approach effectively offers you:
- A strong therapeutic alliance that is based on acceptance, equality, respect, oneness of the human condition;
- A perspective that symptoms may arise as language of the “soul” and that when we learn to listen to the deeper aspects of self, we may experience not only symptom relief, but healing, transformation, shifts in consciousness, and profound personal growth.
- A holistic range of techniques that offers an intervention at the level(s) that the issues are occurring on. These may include the perspectives of solution-focused brief therapy, voice dialogue, the focusing technique, guided imagery, cognitive-behavioural therapy, ACT, narrative, and object-relational work.
How 1:1 sessions work:
Together, we will assess your needs for therapy. On a case-by-case basis we discuss and formulate how many sessions may be needed. We take into account an understanding that when doing this kind of depth work, it can take time, depending on the level of symptoms.
Rain Czupryna, Psychologist, is currently taking leave from face-to-face psychology sessions, with a return date yet to be determined. All SoulScapes Psychology is currently being serviced by Cherie Levy. (Rain will provide a limited number of phone-based mentorships and Vision Quests in 2019.)
Feel free to contact Cherie on 0490 895 508.
You need to discuss with your GP whether you are eligible for a Mental Health Care Plan. If that’s the case, you’d receive a Medicare Rebate of $84.80 (Initially for a referral of 6 sessions and a maximum of 10).
To use the Medicare Better Access Scheme for a rebate of $84.80/session with Cherie, you need to:
- Speak with your GP to acquire a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP), if appropriate. Ideally the MHCP is addressed to “Cherie Levy”.
- To book in with Cherie directly – email us through the contact page. Our admin team will pass your enquiry on to Cherie and assist with your first booking. Often people would like to have a chat first to ensure right fit for what you need and we welcome that. Please supply your best contact phone number to receive a call back.
Prior to your first session, you will receive your Intake and Orientation Pack, which orients you to all the details you need to know, covers confidentiality, asks you to provide basic information, and asks about your goals for the work. You then receive a Starter Kit to make the most of your program.
Location for in-person sessions: 14A Park St, Brunswick Heads, in the area of the Byron Shire, NSW.
Session fees with Cherie:
$180/hour less Medicare rebate of $84.80 = $95.20/session
Please note that the APS 2017-18 recommended fees for psychologists = $246/hr.
Sliding scale can be discussed with Cherie in cases of genuine financial need combined with personal commitment to the work. The sliding scale is not for casual appointments. It is there to help make this service accessible in times of genuine financial need and when there is also a commitment to the work.
You may be eligible to claim rebates for therapy through your private health insurance provider. Please speak directly to your private health insurance fund for further information regarding your eligibility for rebates for psychological services.
About Cherie Levy:
SoulScapes welcomes aboard our experienced new team member and Registered Psychologist, Cherie Levy.
Cherie is qualified in the transpersonal, is a newly trained Vision Quest Protector, and holds deep respect for nature-based, shamanic, and sacred ceremony work, making her a natural fit for the practice. With a down-to-earth and easeful, grounded presence, she has a heartfelt attitude of community service.
Offering services to all women across the life span, Cherie has a particular passion for working with young people. She fosters a respectful and confidential space for young people to examine what is and is not working in their life, and to make grounded decisions about moving towards living the life they wish for themselves. Sessions with Cherie can target specific issues or explore deeper elements such as our values and purpose in life.